Saturday, September 22, 2012

VitaPops, The New Fun Way of Enjoying Vitamin C


Giving vitamins especially vitamin C to our kids is really important especially nowadays since weather changes from time to time. With that, varieties of diseases are everywhere which possibly our kids can get. Thus, letting them take vitamins everyday will help them boost their immune system and so keep their selves from harmful sickness such as colds and coughs.

As a mom, I always make sure to keep my kids from getting sick… thence, I always manage to keep them healthy and safe all the time. One of the things I am afraid of is that they might admitted to hospital due to the cough and colds they have especially to my eldest, Kuya G, who happens to be so picky kiddo at the same time loves to play everywhere even at the dirtiest place ever in our apartment.

With that, giving him vitamins such as vitamin C, iron and multivitamins, I know that he’s far away from getting sick. Yet, sometimes you just can’t tell time… Even I give him those; there are times that he gets cough and colds often since he refuses to take vitamin C which is very important for him.

What is Vitamin C?

“Vitamin C or L-ascorbic acid, or simply ascorbate (the anion of ascorbic acid), is an essential nutrient for humans and certain other animal species. Vitamin C refers to a number of vitamers that have vitamin C activity in animals, including ascorbic acid and its salts, and some oxidized forms of the molecule like dehydroascorbic acid. Ascorbate and ascorbic acid are both naturally present in the body when either of these is introduced into cells, since the forms interconvert according to pH.”  Courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, meaning that your body doesn't store it. We have to get what we need from food, including citrus fruits, broccoli, and tomatoes. 
You need vitamin C for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It helps the body make collagen, an important protein used to make skin, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C is needed for healing wounds, and for repairing and maintaining bones and teeth. 
Vitamin C is an antioxidant, along with vitamin E, beta-carotene, and many other plant-based nutrients. Antioxidants block some of the damage caused by free radicals, substances that damage DNA. The build-up of free radicals over time may contribute to the aging process and the development of health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, and arthritis.” Source: http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/vitamin-c-000339.htm.

I am giving him Ceelin syrup ever since when he was a baby (I gave him drops before when he was 0-6 mos.). He’s okay with it until he turned 1 year old until now. I am having hard time for him to take vitamin C which had been my one of my problems in terms of his health. He often gets cough and colds because of refusing in taking it. I don’t know what alternative to give him until I discover that he’s getting my vitamin C in the fridge without letting me know. (Not to mention my vitamin C) I then found the solution of my problem. He’s taking vitamin C same as mine.

I am worried that it may not good for him but according to my sister it’s okay because vitamin C is not harmful to neither make problems with age too. But it would still be nicer if I could give him vitamin C that suits his age. There, I was given a chance to take a sample of the newest product of Unilab- VitaPops!


At first, I thought it was just a simple vitamin such as ceelin chewable but boy, I was wrong! It’s something different. Something that pops! Oh yeah, to give you a hint from the word itself that makes it unique.

VitaPops, the first and only pop rocks vitamin c.
I then let my son and my brother try it.. love it so much… 

tito troy with me

Kuya G with Momee
another pose of Tito Troy

They love it since it pops out on their tongue and the taste, it’s good and no wonder why it is not just mom approved but as well kids approved too!

Me of course
My son really loves it so much and now my worries all fade away! I can give this one to him instead of the vitamin c I take. No need for me to force him to take his vitamins especially when it comes to vitamin c because VitaPops is here! The New Fun Way of Enjoying Vitamin C.

Update: Aside from that, it can be consumed even with empty tummies. 


VitaPops comes in a sachet which contains 50 mg of Vitamin C (as Sodium Ascorbate, making it non-acidic and can be consumed even on an empty stomach). It also contains 1/5 the amount of sugar found in regular Vitamin C.

VitaPops costs P10/sachet and is available in all leading drugstores nationwide!

So, if you think you are having problem same as mine better grab one now and see for yourself!

6 comments:

  1. wow.. its like a candy but now it has a vitamin that will benefits many kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a smart idea as kids would be really to take their vitamins since it comes in popping candy form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sure is a revolutionary way to drink vitamin C. i just wish i can give this to my little man. he is only 3 + Vitapops is recommended for children 4 years + up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Merry Jane Ocol: it's true mommy. no need for us to force our child to drink vitamin C anymore! :)

    @Franc Ramon: indeed! :)

    @Jared's mum: Ooh, my son is two and our youngest brother is 3... I guess it's okay although vitapops recommends it to 4 years old and above.. it's soluble and I guess it wont harm them though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 6-year-old son loves taking VitaPops, too. VitaPops is proof that healthy can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ay naku the kids love it so much they can finish 3-4 sachets in one sitting :( di keri ng budget to buy for 4 kids, kaya treat lang to sa kanila haha

    ReplyDelete