Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Being a Mom

Kuya G just turned 2 years old yesterday! :)

How time flies so fast, right? And I won't be surprised sooner when time comes he'd be bringing a girl at home for me to meet (lol, so advance)..

Any moms out there who have teenagers already? How'd you manage to raise them confidently without worrying about teenage urge or let's just say about peer pressure? Perhaps, most of you are currently encountering this for sure (if you do have teenagers) unless they are afraid of you..

At the early age of 18, I bear my first son and by then I reached 19 I got my second child (daughter), with the help of my mom and dad I was able to raise them without having any father figure nor father to them at all. And it was a great feeling that though I don't have someone with me I still manage to raise them. What I am afraid of is that I may not be able to lead their way to the right paths of their lives due to fatherless reason. I know that it depends on how we raise them, but you just can't take away from me the worries I feel inside especially that I have a daughter.

Being a mom is not an easy role. How much more when you are a single mom? Yet, this is one of the most fulfilling jobs a woman could have in her entire life. I never regret of having my kids at very young age neither being committed with their father because without them, I am not right here writing this post neither felt the overflowing love I am feeling right now because of my angels. Though for some instances that my ex-partner and I had misunderstandings which end up to break up, I still thanked him that he had been part of my life. Because if he'[d not been there, probably I won't have Kuya G and Baby M with me.

I never dream of having a broken family but it just happen that we can't control our destiny. Although there are chances to make, options to choose and hope to trust, I'd still prefer to live alone with my kids rather than have another man in my life and leave my kids with my parents. Well, I'm not saying that all men are like these it just happened that I got a daughter and I don't want to hurt her just what every orphaned girls felt and I'm afraid that she'd feel the same way too in case of.

I told myself before whenever I have my second child again and if it's still a boy, probably I'd search for another man and this time marry him yet I guess it's not meant for me. And I'm not hoping for another man though, what I am hoping for is that I can raise my kids well and accordingly. I am hoping for that they won't get mad at me and get influenced by their friends which had happened to me. Frankly speaking, I don't want them to experience what I had before being their mother.

But still I believe that if we are there and ready to support them all the time for sure, we can bring them to right way. Just be a mother to them. Because being a mother is not just a role but a duty as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment